“no water but only rock”

He dreams of getting mugged, missing appointments, fighting with someone and hurting them quite badly at first but by the end getting severely injured himself, being told off by both adults and children, getting caught in compromising positions, walking around with his fly open, and forgetting what he was going to say at a key moment.

Secular society’s lack of any viable purification rituals leaves everything up to the dream, and dreams don’t really work, not like that.

January 24, 2010 at 9:16 am

1. physical combat, as a purification ritual: among things we never grow out of, once we’ve grown into them.

Dave

January 24, 2010 at 3:40 pm

2. I try to avoid it though whenever I can.

January 24, 2010 at 7:36 pm

• well, yes, of course.
      it’s easy, now, to avoid, mostly. [more’s the pity — almost.]

Dave

January 25, 2010 at 12:11 am

3. I get up early in the morning, I take a test at school, then all my teeth fall out and I fall to my death.

Giovanni

January 24, 2010 at 10:13 pm

• I used to be plagued by dreams of my teeth falling out. I looked into all kinds of explanation; psychoanalytic, spiritual etc but it turned out to be literal. I went to the dentist. I haven’t had the same dream since

Schizo Stroller

January 27, 2010 at 12:41 pm

4. Tee hee. I remember that, and would venture to bet that it was the most expensive-to-produce sequence they ever did on that show.

There may be a post on uber-cool Bklyn humor, that is to say no humor at all, and HBO coming soon if I can stop writing about myself in the third-person.

January 24, 2010 at 11:37 pm

5. It is the Avatar-version of Conchords.

January 24, 2010 at 11:38 pm

6. Funny – one of the problems with my adopted homeland, Japan, is a possible surfeit of purification rituals that keeps everyone just a bit too spongy for their own good.

Seb

January 25, 2010 at 3:34 am

7. “And the road becomes my bride” !!

Farhad

January 25, 2010 at 8:06 am

8. Seb, yep you’re right. I was being bows are always deeper on the other side of the Caucasuses without knowing it.

January 25, 2010 at 9:36 am