rss

Someone wrote me recently asking me to change my feed setting so that you can read the full posts in a reader. They’re right – it’s bad for me to care about my numbers so much as to inconvenience you. And I don’t really care about them all that much. So I changed the setting. Yay!

But then, writing and rewriting the last post, I just remembered one other reason to make you come to the site to read the posts. I am a post-now, edit-a-few-minute-later sort of blogger. I do it all the time, and perhaps I could change and perfect the things before hitting the button, but I sort of doubt it. (I also have a nasty but healthy habit of posting then deleting, especially on weekends, which you can’t do if 3/4s of your readership has the full post, permanently in their google reader). So…. rather than have all of you read mangled, incomplete, incoherent versions of the posts, I’ve restored the rss settings. I really do apologize for the inconvenience….

April 17, 2009 at 10:49 pm

Posted in Uncategorized

1. Certainly it makes sense from a post-structuralist point of view, and also because of the latent immaterial labour inherent in […]

David

April 17, 2009 at 11:43 pm

2. Ha!

I don’t believe in the concept of immaterial labor. I mean, it happens, but it’s not all that significant, from the wide perspective.

April 17, 2009 at 11:44 pm

3. Just reading one of your full posts this morning in my google reader and happily realized you’d changed the settings. ah well, at least this way we read your comments (and David’s above was worth the click-through).

interestingly, right now google reader has the shortened version of yesterday’s post… so i do think it picks up changes when you rewrite your posts.

on the other hand, i have seen it keep posts you’ve thought better of and then removed (at least the beginnings of them), so if your intent is to rewrite history occasionally, you’re better off with the […] i suppose.

David R

April 18, 2009 at 2:23 am

• Ugh, sorry David. Maybe I’ll practice writing proper, fully-editted posts for awhile and then go back. I do think it is, in the end, better to full post the rss.

April 18, 2009 at 10:12 pm

4. Post it, and they will come.

Giovanni